Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Welcome!

Well, I have finally gave in and decided it was time to create a Blog. I will admit, I have fought the idea tooth and nail ... no real reason other than I didn't want to be "one of those bloggers". Silly! I mean, I enjoy reading blogs and find them not only entertaining but education as well. So why wouldn't I want to participate and have one myself? My stubborn Taurus self was all, lordy knows stubborn can be my middle name.


Finally, it dawned on me that this was the best tool to keep anyone who wanted to follow my Studio, updated. With Yahoogroups it seems as tho the "updates" have become fewer and fewer and people are left in the dark more than I want. Good intentions, just not enough time or ambition for it all. Surely the same scenario will happen with this Blog as it has with many other's ... at first the posts are frequent and then they slowly diminish. But then I got to thinking, shoot even one posting a month here would be far more then I seem to get done thru my Yahoo group, so it's a win/win situation. Sooooo, I tuck away my stubborn pride and present you with another artist's blog. Just what the world needed, right?


Well, I am hoping this will be an easier way for me to keep connected with everyone. I can share project updates easier this way and just generally blab with y'all. Share photos, stories and who knows what else. But in unusual fashion for me, I promise to keep it clean ;)


I was going to start with posting a couple photos of some vintage things I created (back in the late 70's, early 80's) but it seems as tho the scanner doesn't want to wake up yet. Do not worry, I will get it sorted out and get some of those scandalous photos posted at a later date. They will serve as great inspiration to those who think "I could never do what he does" ... believe me there has been more trial and error than the occasional success. So if you're looking for lots of laughs, keep coming back to see those photos soon!


So what little tasty morsel should I include with this first post that will make you want to come back time and time again? Hmmmmmm, certainly photos of myself wouldn't do the trick (talk about driving people away) so maybe I will put a photo or two of some recent work that I haven't published before. AND the promise that in a couple days I will be making a HUGE announcement here about a new project that has me beyond stoked. So come back, you hear ... there will be goodies galore here in the future.


Before closing I want to thank Josh Hoffman for setting this up for me, his talents and technical expertise are so greatly appreciated. Without him, believe me, the current visual elements would not be anywhere near what they are. Thanks Josh!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited you're doing a blog and wow - that is a gorgeous Stormwatch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ that! I love the personalness of the blog posts and am glad you finally joined ship! :D Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete